Alright so we are braving a weekend in the great outdoors with our 6 month old. Naturally being the excessive planner I am, I’m already prepping for the trip even though its 2 weeks away. I’ve come up with a bit of a checklist for just the baby. My husband is the type that believes in minimal packing, so this is my attempt at this (they’re are still in fact things he finds unnecessary). I have found a few helpful lists on the ever wonderful Pinterest, but I think that they include too much; we are “roughing” it after all.
- Bathing Suits (2) I want her to have a clean one free of dirt for both days
- Onesies (plenty of them to keep her clean)
- Hat (just one; there’s no need for more)
- Hoodie (Prefect for snuggling by the campfire)
- Socks (for cool mornings and evenings)
- Bink aka Pacifier
- Formula (I plan on bringing slightly more than I think because I don’t want a hungry baby)
- 3 Burp Clothes (1 per day with an extra)
- Baby Food Pouch (convenient feeding to keep up on her food without needing a highchair)
- Swimmer Diapers (we’re going to a lake)
- Diaper Cream
- Pack n Play (this one my hubby is totally against so we will see if it comes with us)
- Toys (plastic ones that are easy to clean)
- Fitted sheet (to put over pack n play to create shade and keep out bugs)
- Wash clothes (make shift bath)
- Towels (2)
- Baby Soap
- 3-4 Gallons of Water
- Infant Tylenol
- Infant Benedryl (just in case)
- Warm PJs
- Front Pack
- Super Awesome Camping Apparel (i.e The Littlest Sidekick) Stay Tuned for Little Miss Charlotte modeling some of their adorable items!
I’m trying to pack minimally because we are in fact tent camping. Although we are bringing more than we would normally I still want to keep in mind that camping is about returning to nature, so that means leaving behind the luxury items.
What are your must haves for camping with babies/kids?