It’s our second week of Tasty Tuesday and I have to tell you that this recipe is one of my husband’s absolute favorites, and I am totally okay with that because it is so easy to make! The asparagus you can make with plenty of other dinners as well, and this vegetable is in season and beautiful this time of year!
1 Chicken Breast
1/2 bottle of Lawry’s Hawaiian Marinade
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp Butter
1 Bundle of Asparagus
3-4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cut the chicken breast down the middle to make 2 thinner pieces, and then cut each piece into smaller tenders.
2. Season both sides of each piece with salt, pepper, and a light sprinkle of garlic powder (don’t over use the garlic but just add a very light amount).
3. Heat butter in a medium saute pan with high sides (about 2-3 inches), over medium-high heat
4. Add chicken to the pan and cook until both sides are browned and the chicken is cooked through.
5. Once the chicken is fully cooked and browned pour in the marinade, turn down the heat to low, flip the chicken to coat both sides, and cover for about 5 minutes.
6. Once chicken is simmering in the marinade start on the asparagus.
7. In a non-stick saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
8. Snap or cut the bottoms of the asparagus off before cooking.
9. Once the oil is heated add in the asparagus and lightly season with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the garlic, stir and cover.
10. Let the asparagus cook for about 8-10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally until it is tender.
11. Serve the chicken alongside your favorite mashed potatoes and pour some of the marinade from the pan over your potatoes. Finish the plate with some asparagus and enjoy!
- This quantity was made for just my husband, so add more for a lager family.
Let me know what you all think and if you have any questions!
Happy Tuesday Friends!