This is my first post for my new series I’m going to be running on the blog:
Every Tuesday (probably not every but most for sure) I will be posting a favorite recipe of mine. I promise to you all that it has been tested on my picky husband and that I was able to make it on a weeknight. Basically I’m not going to be giving you some recipe I found off pinterest that I’ve never made and would be impossible to cook for your family during the week, because that would be obnoxious. I will tell you that most of mine are for two people (keep in mind my husband does eat a lot though) so feel free to alter based on your family’s needs.
This week’s recipe is actually courtesy of my husband’s boss. The hubby came home and told me about this pizza and we made it the very next day. It is delicious you guys!
- One pizza dough (we buy a fresh dough in our local grocery store’s deli section)
- Kinder’s Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce or your favorite sauce (about half a jar)
- Around 2 cups of Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped pineapple or one of those little cans)
- 1 chicken breast
- 6 slices of thick bacon
- Sliced, pickled jalapenos (a few slices to scatter on top)
- Sliced red onion (enough for a topping)
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
(As you can tell I don’t normally measure for this, but most of the ingredients you can do to your family’s tastes. I usually only do jalapenos on one half for the hubby.)
- Preheat oven to 450 or as otherwise directed by your pizza dough
- Cook bacon in medium skillet until crisp
- Meanwhile, prep your pizza stone (or baking sheet) for the dough by brushing melted butter over the top, and roll your dough out onto it.
- Spread some BBQ out on the dough to act as the sauce.
- Sprinkle a light layer of cheese over the sauce.
- Once the bacon is done cooking, remove it from the pan and drain all but about 1 tbsp of drippings.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in bacon fat until golden and then add the BBQ sauce and turn the heat to low and cover for about 5-7 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- While the chicken cooks, rough chop the bacon and spread liberally over the pizza.
- Add onion and pineapple to the pizza.
- Sprinkle some more cheese
- Once the chicken is done cooking add it to the pizza.
- Top with a drizzle of sauce, more cheese, and jalapenos (if desired).
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (honestly follow the directions on the dough you bought and keep an eye on it depending on your oven.
- Elbow off family to allow the pizza to cool for about 5-7 minutes once removed from the oven (good luck with this)
- Slice and Enjoy!
This is a favorite of ours and it is super easy to make!