So let me preface this with the fact that I am a declared over-packer. I should probably go to some meetings for this but I have accepted this fact so I realize that I probably have things in my bag that I won’t use. It is a family problem (my mom is worse than me) and so I was doomed from birth. I will do a follow up post to let you all know what I missed or things that were ridiculously unnecessary.
Alright so first off let’s start with the bag itself. This is my bag I use for little weekend trips and I love it!! I actually scored it from Ross a few years ago and it has held up really well!
Cute right!? Having a cute little bag was sort of a must for me. I mean let’s be honest the likelihood of me remaining cute my whole stay is pretty slim so having nice little details just makes me feel better about myself.
Alright now to what is jam packed inside (I mean it too I don’t think I could fit one more thing if I tried!).
So the top picture is pretty much all the “stuff” I packed for myself (I told you I have a problem ha). Okay so here’s a list of everything that’s pictured to give you a better idea:
- Leopard Cosmetic Bag: Travel size shampoo and body wash, chap-stick, and lotion (I’ve read almost everywhere that hospitals are very drying)
- My own robe (pink and white plaid) (Mine is from Marshalls but here are some similar options: Target, Pink Blush)
- Button up pajamas
- Comfy Nursing Bra (Exact one: Target)
- Cute socks (Similar options: Chevron, Crabs)
- Dry Shampoo
- Full-Coverage underwear (Okay so honestly I hate that I have to wear these! Wearing nice undergarments is something I always take pride in, I just feel better about everything. This underwear is like torture for me, ridiculous I know but that’s how I feel.)
- Extra T-shirt
- A long, comfy tunic (for going home)
- Leggings (two sizes up from normal)
- Full-Coverage pads
Not pictured: My other cosmetic bag with my makeup, deodorant and toothbrush and paste because I use these things everyday (it would be a little gross to go without deodorant and I am too cheap to buy an extra one) but I have them in a bag ready to go.
The bottom picture is more for my husband than for me so I have for him:
- Quarters (for vending machines in case its late when he gets hungry)
- A baggie of roasted peanuts, dried cranberries, and dried pineapples (protein and some sugar to keep him on his game)
- Dark chocolate bar with almonds (for a pick-me up when his energy drops)
- Some movies he likes in case labor is long (hopefully it won’t be!)
Not pictured: Clean underwear, two t-shirts, and jeans. My husband is a logger so just in case he has to come straight from work he will need a change of clothes (he is filthy when he gets home).
I also have ready my camera (for obvious reasons) in its case charged by the door and I have an empty tote bag to bring home all of those hospital “freebies” that I most definitely plan on taking home!! Hello we pay enough to be there, right!?
Stay Tuned for my diaper bag that is packed for general use but also has her “going-home” outfits that will be in my car for when we are ready to take our little princess home!
What did you pack and find most useful? Anything you wish you had brought and didn’t? And help!! Am I forgetting anything?